Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Aveeno Smart Essentials Skincare Collection

I spotted this new Aveeno display and I know so many of you are Aveeno fans, so I wanted to be sure you knew about these new products:

Aveeno Smart Essentials Skincare Collection

Left to right:
Daily Detoxifying Scrub (retail: $8.39 at CVS)
Pore Purifying Facial Cleanser (retail: $8.39 at CVS)
Daily Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30 (retail: $18.29 at CVS)
Nighttime Moisture Infusion (retail: $18.29 at CVS)


My initial thoughts? I love that the daytime moisturizer is SPF 30 and I'm always happy when I see a new facial scrub on the market--I loooove my physical exfoliators! But allow me to vent for a minute about the jar for the nighttime moisturizer. I honestly can't think of a single woman I know who prefers jars for skincare these days. It's probably the number one complaint I see from my fellow bloggers when it comes to skincare. No one likes to dip their fingers into a jar every night because product gets under your nails, not to mention it's not exactly sanitary. Also, some of these ingredients tend to lose their potency/efficacy when repeatedly exposed to air and/or light. Soooo...what's up with the jars? Does anyone have a valid argument for these jars? If so, please please leave a comment on this post and educate me! I'm begging you!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. i thought the same thing once i saw the jar packaging! really?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only benefit I've ever seen to a jar is that you can get every bit of product out of it without any hassle, but that packaging would never be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the product is too thick to be dispensed from a pump.... who knows haha. Companies can be weird like that and ruin a great product by putting it in faulty packaging *ahem* Urban Decay Primer Potion :) I'm also interested in the scrub but I never really liked Aveeno skincare because the moisturizers with SPF seemed to greasy for me and the scent is too strong at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jar gives your dresser a retro look. The product maybe be thick and you can get to all the cream just like the other posters have said.

    This is also a line that usally doesn't work for me. Like someone else said the scent is strong and moisturizers are greasy. I thought I was the only one.

    But I need a SPF 30 for warmer months and I like scrubs. So, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized that most of the moisturizers I've used over the years have been in jars, and it's definitely not because it's my preference. It's because I'm cheap and it seems like these are the ones clearanced out most often! Must mean no one is buying them except for those of us waiting for a clearance sale! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently using the daily nourishing moisturizer (which I love so far!) and the anti-fatigue eye treatment (can't say much about it because I just started using it, but it does give a nice cooling sensation when used!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought about it before. I love jar cream. It reminds me of my mom--& even my grandmother--dipping into their Ponds cold cream every night. :-)
    dahlila xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig