Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo!


[For my detailed review of this product, please click here.]

OK, if you are not a long-time reader of this blog, then you probably don't know that I have an absolute obsession with dry shampoos. I've reviewed just about every affordable dry shampoo on the market for this blog, including Batiste, Pssssst!, Salon Grafix and TRESemme. My all-time favorite of the bunch is Batiste (found at Sally Beauty), with Pssssst! coming in second, Salon Grafix third, followed by TRESemme, in fourth.

That said, I've also tried many higher-end dry shampoos, but not some of the more expensive options like Rene Furterer, etc. But even so, I'd like to think I know a thing or two about dry shampoos at this point because I've tried so many. My hair is oily, my skin is oily and I have side-swept bangs. This is a recipe for greasy, stringy bangs if I try to skip a day of shampooing, which is why I find dry shampoos just so darned handy, and why I've tried so many of them.

So when my awesome Twitter follower, Chloe (@_chlozilla), sent me a tweet informing me of a new dry shampoo from Suave, I just about fell out of my chair. Um, SUAVE HAS A DRY SHAMPOO? You have no idea how happy this makes me since I'm a huge, long-time Suave fan and well, you just cannot beat Suave's prices, right?

I was freaking out about this on Twitter, only to discover that others have already tried this new product too, and the one thing they all agree upon is that it smells AMAZING. The lovely Paula from Older Girl Beauty told me it smells like Bath & Body Works Grapefruit body mist, but with a powdery dry-down. Um, that sounds like my kind of fragrance (that's an understatement).

Chloe was kind enough to let me share her pics of the new Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo so that you can know what to look out for (she found hers at Walmart):

image credit: Chloe for Nouveau Cheap
Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
retail: under $3, 5 oz)

Notice on the can it says: "To refresh as well as Rene Furterer".

image credit: Chloe for Nouveau Cheap

In this pic, Chloe kindly put the Suave Dry Shampoo next to Pssssst! for size comparison. As you can see, Pssssst! is 5.3 oz and it usually retails for around $6 at most drugstores. So for under $3, Suave's got it beat in terms of value.

I asked Chloe what she thought of Suave Dry Shampoo so far, and she said the absorption feels the same to her as Batiste, and she also experiences the same extra boost of volume that Batiste provides. Since those are the two reasons why I love Batiste so much (the extra volume it gives my hair and the way it quickly absorbs the oils in my hair) I'd say that's a glowing review so far!

I just cannot WAIT to try this product out for myself. Have you spotted it in your area yet? Do you think you'll give it a shot when you find it? I'd love to hear from you!

And thanks again, Chloe, for the fantastic pics and the mini-review!
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Thanks for the awesome news! I need to find this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Batiste as my dry shampoo, but you can't beat the price of Suave. I'll definitely try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I found at my local Walgreens a new dry shampoo from got2b. The name is rockinít encore fresh dry shampoo.I have not yet used to see how it works. But I figured you would like to know the news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo! can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy more drugstore brands are coming out with dry shampoos because I've always had a problem finding dry shampoo in drugstores. However...I can't use regular dry shampoo because my hair is so dark. I really wish Tresemme or Suave would come out with tinted versions of their dry shampoos! I'd be so happy. Pssssst! used to have one for brunettes and it was amazing. Then they discontinued it so I use Salon Grafix, and I have to say it's not my favorite. I'm excited to see your review G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally an inexpensive dry shampoo! I mean, $7 isn't horrible... But $3 is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I've only used one dry shampoo in the past, Pssst, and it worked well but it died on me after two uses. I can still shake it and there's lots left in it but nothing comes out, so that was kind if a waste of $7. I'm excited to try this though. $3 for dry shampoo is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if dry shampoos are good for dry hair. I don't want to make my hair any drier. But, for $3, it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen this at my drugstores yet but when I do, I'm snatching this up! Dry shampoo has been my saviour and really look forward to trying this cheap alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSSSSS! I've been waiting for a dry shampoo on par with Batiste that doesn't require a special trip to Sally's. This will definitely be on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looked for this in Walgreens but couldn't find it. I guess I'll try Walmart (though I hate to go there). Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg! I was just wondering this morning what I will do when my Batiste runs out. I got two trial size ones at the recent Sally Clearance - I really don't wanna pay $7 for a not much bigger bottle. Then I stop in here, and you've posted a solution! Bless you and your blog! Definitely will be on the lookout for this one! Thanks ever so much to you and to Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kimberly, why in the world would someone with dry hair want to use a dry shampoo? Exactly how many days are you planning to go without shampooing??? The whole point to dry shampoo is to absorb oil, someone with dry hair doesn't have oil to absorb unless they go several days without shampooing!

    I'm just too cheap, I couldn't bring myself to pay $7 or more for the other brands and I'm so relieved to hear that Suave is coming out with one. Suave is always cheap but good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooo how exciting! i have been wanting to try the Batiste that you adore so much, now that it's winter and my hair is longer, but the price has held me back (even though i literally have a Sally's in my backyard).
    i have read all your dry shampoo reviews but the only one i ever tried was a sample size of the Oscar Blandi, which was too small to do much and seemed very overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is great news! I just love Suave! That is the hair care in my shower! I used Oscar Blandi and thought it was fine. But pricey. I am a runner so the thought of a dry shampoo that I dont have to skimp on b/c of price is awesome. I will look for it today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the detailed info--I am very intrigued!! I mainly use more expensive versions (Oscar Blandi and Chlorane) but I am open to a more affordable version for sure. Can't wait to hear your feedback when you try it. :)

    Marcia
    http://stylenotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kimberly, I want to apologize. I think I came off pretty rude back there. It's only because I have extremely oily hair that I understand how dry shampoo works. My hair looks greasy if I don't wash it every day, so of course I've looked into ways to "fudge it", so that if I don't have time to shampoo one morning I can still look fresh until I can shampoo later in the day. There is little reason why you or anyone else with dry hair would have had to look into a product like this, as far as your concerned this might just be to freshen up the scent and give a little body or something like that. Anyway, I'm sorry for being a wiseass.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Ladies, I found the Bastiste dry shampoo at my local Walgreens with a sticker on it saying "Try me for free." It is a cash rebate by mail. Just thought I would share! Also the John Frieda Root Awakening Hair Spray on clearance for $1.25... yes a 10 oz bottle for less than the travel size bottles... check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Taylor, I'm with you. I'd love a Suave Dry Hair Shampoo for darker hair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dry shampoos are excellent for providing volume so they are not just for cleansing, nor are they just for those with oily hair. Dry shampoos are highly recommended by stylists for exactly this purpose. I myself use it for this reason far more thanI do for cleansing. It's a great texturizer and volume booster no matter what type of hair you have. I have a lot of hair, but it's fine so it's too slippery to stay put when I want to do an updo or want a piecey, textured look with some 'oomph'. I use dry shampoos all the time for this reason, whether my hair is clean or not. It's even better than those texturizing sea salt sprays because it's not sticky like those can be.

    I've been using the Tresemme' one constantly since it came out and it's just fine, but I can't wait to try this! I'm not crazy about the Tresemme scent, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I didn't know that. I also have fine "slippery" hair that won't stay put when I try to do an updo or other style that uses pins, clips, barettes, etc. I usually just use a spritz of hair spray or some gel to make it a little sticky, but that really doesn't work that great. Thanks for this tip.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got this a week ago at my local Walmart...and so far I LOVE IT!! I think it smells wonderful (citrus-y) and works fairly well for a under $3 product. I tested this after the 2nd morning of not washing (ewww haha) and it gave me a quick boost and freshened up my oily hair. It's great for when you need to go out to get something real quick. It doesn't last very long (probably 2hrs) until your hair starts to flatten again. I think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey G!
    I don't know if you've seen this, but it's pretty cool. Suave has a product locator on their website, which you can find here. Suave tweeted this the other day and I found the dry shampoo!!! And it's awesome!
    I wanted to give you a heads up since I didn't know about it and I haven't seen you post about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig