Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 14, 2011

Review: Suave Limited Edition Holiday Body Washes

Even though the holidays are over, I wanted to bring you this review of the 2010 limited edition body washes from Suave because I've heard reports that you're finding these on clearance for $1 at Walmart (fyi, these LE body washes are sold exclusively at Walmart). So just in case you stumble across these during your shopping, I thought I'd share my thoughts about them since I was fortunate enough to receive complete set for review.
Suave Naturals Limited Edition Holiday Body Washes
(retail: $1.99 each, 12 oz)
Left to right:
Candy Apple
Holiday Pear
Peppermint Bliss
Toasted Vanilla and Sugar

Candy Apple: Now I understand why so many of you say this is your fave of the bunch. This one smells like sweet Red Delicious apples to me, with just a tiny hint of caramel goodness. If you're an apple fan, this one's for you.

Holiday Pear: If you're a pear fan, I think you'll really enjoy this one. To my nose, this fragrance has a crisp, tart pear note, with just a tiny hint of "holiday spice" mixed in for good measure.

Peppermint Bliss: The only opaque body wash of the three (the others are translucent) I think this may be my favorite of the bunch. The label says this is a "shimmer body wash" and I do see a slight shimmer in the formula, but I haven't experienced any lingering sparkle or shimmer on my skin after using this (which is a good thing for me, since I'm not a real shimmer-lover when it comes to body products). And oh my, the fragrance! This is such an invigorating peppermint scent, but I can also really smell the "candy" element as well. LOVE.

Toasted Vanilla and Sugar: If you're a fan of B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar, you need this one. To my nose, they smell practically identical. This body wash has the same exact "warm and cozy" feel as the B&BW version. So lovely.

As for the actual body washes themselves, I find these just as good, if not better, than the core collection Suave body washes. For me, they lather effortlessly and just a tiny squeeze is all that's required for loads of rich, thick lather on a bath pouf. Also, Peppermint Bliss seems even EXTRA creamy and moisturizing to me, which is wonderful.

I now completely and fully understand why the limited edition holiday body washes from Suave always cause such hysteria every year. For the price, you just cannot beat these fragrances and formulas. If you spot them on clearance at Walmart, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to pick a few up. And if you can't find them, don't worry because there's always next year!

Did you purchase any of these LE body washes during the holidays? Did you find any on clearance after the holidays? What are your favorites from the collection? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The body wash was not on sale at the Walmart I was at recently. I did not mind paying "full retail" for the peppermint; it is great to use with the Twisted Peppermint Body Lotion from B&BW. It is one of may favorites and I stocked up this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm Candy Apple looks yummy! I don't think I've seen them at my local Wal-Mart though )=

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wasn't on clearance at my Walmart, but that's ok I'm just glad I found it. I got 2 bottles of the Peppermint. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells great! I can't wait to try it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i would love to try the toasted vanilla and peppermint bliss one! now i need to see where i can get my hands on these since im in the philippines. eep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is/was the WHIPPED COCOA. I got it two years in a row and then never saw it again. I hope they bring it back sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need the peppermint to come back please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig